Nick Bratton and I decided to start by making a version of a game that many of us probably played growing up: Pong! It seems to be the natural progression when starting to do an interactive animation (especially considering the bouncing ball examples).
We fairly quickly got the gist of the game, minus the computer working against you with their own paddle. But we both wanted to make it a bit more complex. Nick suggested adding the secondary game of finding the missing ball to utilize mouseX and mouseY.
We then both sort of messed around with the code ourselves. He worked a lot with varying shapes and colors, and came up with Acid pong, and I did tried to make it look more like a tennis court, and messed around with external images (in this case, the tennis ball). We were both trying to work on a scoring method, but I couldn’t figure out how to make a score transfer over from the first half of the game to the second, as we were basing the score off of the clock, and that’s always increasing.
Anyways, you can check out my version of Pong, and see the source code here.